[AT] Off Topic - Car Insurance

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 13 21:06:02 PST 2007

I had a similar incident thru Hartford on an AARP offer.  Cancellation
wasn't due to non-payment but they claimed they never received some
requested info (which I had provided).  Wanted me to send the info
overnight mail to avoid cancellation.  That same day (had talked to the
rep on the phone that morning) I got a full refund check in the mail!
Needless to say I DIDN'T send it back with the requested info by
overnight mail; I deposited it; called an independent agent & got it for
bout half what I'd previously been paying (half what Hartford offered
also.

I'm 64; full coverage on 03 expedition & 05 dodge 3/4t diesel is around
1100 a year; was paying bout 1900 before.

Lew near Waco, TX USA