[AJD] Other JD's for sale in Illinois

E. Thatcher ethatche at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 13 20:17:54 PST 2007

I saw an "R" for sale at a used implement dealer just off I55 in Livingston, IL.  It looks like it has some degree of restoration from the Interstate.  At least a repaint and maybe tires.  They had another two cylinder as well, looked like a 60 with a loader.  There is also a model 40 narrow front at another used/scrap implement place outside Kane Illinois on U.S. 67 about 25 miles north of Alton, IL.  This guy is really a Case fan and has several used Case models in various condition dating back to the late 30's. I'm on the road a lot of the time and take note of these treasures when I seen them.

I used to be a regular on this site a few years back but times have changed and I probably won't be able to hang on to my 52 A since I'm selling my place and moving to the city.  Don't think having that "A" parked in the driveway just to terrify the "city folk" hasn't crossed my mind, though. If anyone is interested its one of the last five hundred seventy "A's" built; SN 702813, Rollomatic narrow front, bored .045 with iron pistons, complete 800 three point hitch mounted on the tractor and in use, good hydraulics. It hasn't been restored but the tin is pretty good except for the "can opener" hole around the muffler (have the hood patch).  Anyone interested an can e-mail me at ethatche at hotmail.com<mailto:ethatche at hotmail.com> for details.

Eric Thatcher