[AT] O/T weather out west

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Jan 12 09:07:34 PST 2007

charlie hill wrote:

> This was posted to another list.  Check out the pictures.
> http://www.extremeinstability.com:80/06-12-31.htm

Those are some fantastic photos Charlie. I'd heard about the storm on
the news but had no idea of the intensity of the damage. It would be a
good time to own a portable generator or a wood heating system for your
home as I think some of those folks are going to be a long while waiting
for the power to come back on.
Nothing like that here in Sask. today. Just wind chills in the minus 40
degree range. Clear and sunny.
Hey, we used to do that same trick you mentioned with the bicycle tires
only we used baler twine instead of wire. Just wrap a long piece of
twine around the rear wheel and tie it tight. Wonder if it would work on
  tractors?  :-)

Ralph in Sask.