[AJD] Model L steering box

John Boehm rustyacres at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 20:14:19 PST 2007

The later style roller bearings are still available
from Deere. But I have not been able to find ball
bearings from either Deere or anyone else for the
earlier style steering boxes. And roller bearings will
not work in the ball bearing type steering box, since
both the bearing races and the bearing surfaces on the
worm gear are machined differently in the two
different types.

John Boehm
Woodland, CA
Visit my web site at http://vintagetractors.com