[AT] natural gas engine

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Tue Jan 9 05:14:31 PST 2007

Kevin a typical farm tractor set up to run on Propane would have higher
compression pistons than the same model set up to run on gasoline.  Natural
gas makes slightly less power than Propane so it might even have a bit
higher compression ratio.  However; people who want their antique gasoline
tractors to make more power sometimes use Propane pistons.  Most of those
old engines had fairly low compression ratios to begin with.  I suspect your
power plant engine would be fine run on gasoline with just a carb change.

What brand, size and type engine is it?

Charlie