[Ford-ferguson] a few questions

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Jan 7 06:46:13 PST 2007

My inclination would be to go with the turf tires for your use - the ag
lug tires do their best when working in loose soil, not on grass or hard
ground. The turf tires will also be kinder to your grassy areas,
especially when the ground is soft. If you are skidding logs out of the
woods, you might want to consider putting a set of chains on for only
that application. (Be very careful to only hitch those logs to the
drawbar - we just had a young man get killed by having a Massey Ferguson
flip over on him while skidding logs. My guess is that he was pulling
from the axle, rather than the drawbar.)

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Half of the harm that is done in this world is due to people who
want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm but the harm
does not interest them. -T.S. Eliot, poet (1888-1965)