[Ford-ferguson] a few questions

schade at acegroup.cc schade at acegroup.cc
Sat Jan 6 18:55:26 PST 2007

Hello all,

I have been reading this list for about a month. Not a very chatty
group!

I am working on painting my MHF 50. I have parts all over my shop and
shed. I got my rear wheels sandblasted and after painting will be
getting a new set of tires. Should I stick with ag tires as were on it
or switch to turf tires? My tire guy has a set of like new turf tires I
could get but it would only save a little money. I use the tractor
mainly for mowing but also for pulling out some firewood. My mowing is
on somewhat hill ground. Any ideas?

I also have those "power adjusting" wheels on my tractor. The "clamp"
part that locks the center to the wheel was rusted up pretty bad and
couldn't be turned. I eventually beat them off. I then put them one at
a time into my forge (gas) and after getting the whole thing red hot it
came apart pretty easy. The eccentric bolts are pretty worn tho so I
checked on new ones. My dealer wanted $92 each!!! He then found that it
is the same part as an Allis part and he had some that had been on the
shelf for years. He said he could let them go for $60 each!!! What a
deal but no thanks.

Any way i will be building them up a bit with my welder. They really
don't do that much and as long as they tighten they are good enough for
me.

Any comments would be welcome.

Bob