[Farmall] U-1 Cub Power Unit Serial Number

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Sat Jan 6 08:24:24 PST 2007

Yes, that's the same company.

On my other combine, the biggest shortcomings the Continental has over a
Cub engine is that mine will NOT start when it's hot.  Otherwise it
starts the best of any engine I have ever seen.  The other problem with
it is, there's no oil filter.

It just looks like it would have been cheaper for IH to stay with that
engine on the Cub.  On my combine it uses the H4 IH mag, and the same
basic Zenith carb as a Farmall A, etc.  Looks like just not having to
develop the Cub carb and the J4 mag would have saved a lot of money.  It
makes sense though to have their own make of engine.  How long did
Continental make the Y-69 engine?

Al