[Farmall] OT-hydronic radiant floor heat

Paul Sigmund pwsigmund at verizon.net
Thu Jan 4 21:06:29 PST 2007

Todd

I began collecting information on hydronic radiant heating last year in anticipation of putting a system into the old farmhouse I'm restoring, over an existing concrete slab floor.  I found several websites that were very helpful, and there are also component manufacturers that will provide sizing calculation software.  I will dig them out and forward them on, needing to dust them off myself to get ready to design the system this spring.  The best resource I eventually found was a book written by a fellow who is apparently the authority on the subject,  John Siegenthaler, Modern Hydraulic Heating 2nd Edition.  If you search on his name you'll find all sorts of information as he answers forum questions and posts/writes a good deal.  Comes with a CD calculation program.   Suppliers will provide a design for you, but being up on the technical background, issues, components, options, etc. is a valuable asset.

Paul