[Farmall] OT-hydronic radiant floor heat

Gordon Williamson warbirdog at santel.net
Thu Jan 4 19:07:17 PST 2007

  I'd forget about the infloor heat. I built a brand new 40x80 pole barn,
steel shop here in SD a few years ago. Builders installed dropped tin
ceiling, 12 feet high. we blew in 24 inches of insul. 6 inch walls insulated
and lined on inside with 5/8 particle board. Then one of the biggest Reznor
propane heaters I could find hung in the center facing the two overhead
doors. The past three winters I have kept the entire shop at 46 degrees,
24/7 and brought up to 60 during many days for working. Total propane use
for the year was about 375 gallons. Or about 35 dollars a month.  Heater
cost was about 800 dollars.

Gordo