[AT] Oliver 70

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 12:31:06 PST 2007

The plant was shut down between Christmas and new years so I got a little
tractor time in.  I bought a rough looking Oliver 70 about a year ago.  I
suspected that the engine was really in good shape though.  Since I was
working on the Huber last year the poor oliver got little attention.  I
finally diecided that it was time to start the 70.  After a couple of little
issues it started and it runs pretty damn good!  I order to get the
restoration on its way I have a couple of questions.  I badly need a new oil
filter the old one appears to be a spin on filter what is the modern
replacement filter #?  I am going to want to install an under-the-hood
muffler what do they look like?  where can I ger one?  Right noe there is a
piece of pipe welded in where the muffler goes.  They did a poor job of
installing the pipe so I want to put the muffler back.  I need to find some
38" rims for the tractor.  The cast centers were made for 40" rims so I need
to find 38s with the largest center opening possible..... any suggestions?