[Farmall] Any advice on THIS problem (Off Topic...sorry)

CDHORN at aol.com CDHORN at aol.com
Mon Jan 1 14:00:56 PST 2007

Jim:

I applaud you for wanting to involve this young man.  Working with my  4 year
old grandson had some similar issues.  He too wanted to be involved  in
everything including log splitting and cutting.  Two nonprofessional  thoughts come
to mind for what it's worth.

Let him do relatively safe parts of the operation like stacking and hauling
until he has proven his competence.

If you or some of your neighbors have experienced pinched fingers or worse
types of accidents, have them stop by and relate their experiences.

Involving him can only help his progress.  Be cautious, but not  crippling
so.  As a kid on the farm I was constantly exposed to power  takeoffs and other
dangerous situations.  I heard first hand about farm  injuries, but mostly by
adults.  These are great life lessons that are so  lacking in today's "take
care of me so I don't have to think" society.

Clark
F-20