[Farmall] Riggin up an auxiliary hydraulic port

leadsled52 at netzero.net leadsled52 at netzero.net
Wed Feb 7 12:50:09 PST 2007

   I don't recall the gpm's of the belly pump in an H, but I have used it to power my three point splitter. An odd setup thought, my H doesn't have a three point so I had the splitter on the three point of my Ferguson TEA-20 which doesn't have external hydraulics, and had my H pulled up next to it to power then splitter.
   To power it off the H I used the pressure out on the pump and the return tree for my #31 loader which dumps into the filler opening. Just pull the lever back to lift on the H and the check valve on the splitter is set to open before the check on the H, don't have to hold it open.
   The pump on the H worked just fine for splitting, maybe a little slower than some, but not that you would notice. If you could find a way to tap into the pressure on your tractor I would think the output would be satisfactory.
Aaron Dickinson
Mason, Mich
1940 Farmall A
1946 John Deere B