[AT] E85/Flex Fuel conversions

Mike msm10301 at juno.com
Sun Feb 4 07:53:43 PST 2007

I think our fore fathers are rolling over in their graves about now...

-- "Steve W." <falcon at telenet.net> wrote:

And here is the words from the EPA themselves.
   EPA’s policy is and has been that any alteration from an original
configuration of a vehicle or engine as certified under Title II of
the
Act may constitute tampering under Section 203(a)(3). Routine
maintenance and repair of vehicles and engines requires the use of
replacement parts which may be non-original or “aftermarket” parts or
systems. EPA’s Office of Enforcement and General Counsel issued
Mobile
Source Enforcement Memorandum 1A (Memo1A) on June 25, 1974 to provide
guidance to covered parties regarding how the Agency intended to
enforce
the “tampering” prohibition under Section 203(a)(3) of the Clean Air
Act
(Act) with respect to maintenance and the use of aftermarket parts.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York