[AT] oil pressure

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 26 18:40:49 PST 2007

Mike Sloane wrote:
  It seems to
> me that STP used to have an ad on TV where they drained all the oil out
> of two cars, one with STP in it and one without, and then ran them
> around a track. Of course the one without STP froze up after a couple of
> laps, but the STP equipped car just kept going. I don't know if anyone I
> knew really believed the ad and was willing to try running their car
> that way, but it looked good.

I'm sure theres more stories like that out there. The version I heard
locally was the time when a fellow hit a stone or other obstruction that
knocked the oil pan plug out of his car and it lost its oil. He did not
know this had happened until he arrived at his destination. The engine
had no oil left in it but was still running fine due to the fact that
the owner regularly used STP in his engine.
Second hand information of course but still interesting.

Ralph in Sask.