[AT] oil pressure

Richard Fink Sr nancydick at pennswoods.net
Mon Feb 26 06:52:53 PST 2007

Ralph i read about all the STP replys and will tell you one from experience.
I worked in a small auto repair shop we had a customer come in with a
Lincoln car that had a knock. [ about 1966]We said we thought it was
a rod bearing. He said he had to make a trip to Chicago would it make
it. Very doubtful. He said drain the oil put back in equal amounts of
STP and motor oil did so. He made the trip then brought it in for
repairs. When we disassembled that engine we could NOT get the Stp
film off of internal parts. Not gas.parts cleaner.steam wash. We had
the crank turned and done a general rebuild it run about another 10
years. So it does put a protective coating on the parts that lasts.
As for the old tractor as was mention the clearances are way
different now than newer equipment. My old cat that i am working on
now has a clearance on the rod bearings of 8 to 12 thousands can
almost put in a rod bearing from one of the newer cars in that.
just  MHO  I have NEVER has a auto that i did not use it in motor and
stick tranny.
R Fink