[AT] STP

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sun Feb 25 11:06:26 PST 2007

    John has some good comments. STP is primarily a polymer viscosity
improver, which mainly thickens the oil. I would think a more satisfactory
temporary solution would be to use a 15-W-40 oil. With a block heater you
will not have a problem cranking in very cold weather.

    Bottom line is that the bottom end is getting a lot of wear and allowing
the oil pressure to escape through the main bearings, rod bearings and
camshaft bushings. I know you already know this and looking for a solution
till warm weather comes to do a proper job.

    You may want to try a known good pressure gauge to eliminate the
possibility of a defective gauge.

                        Gene