[AT] STP

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Feb 25 10:00:25 PST 2007

Not sure if I may have asked this question before but I'm wondering
again, how many , if any of you, use STP oil treatment in your old
tractor engines? The reason I ask is that my Cockshutt 40 has lower oil
pressure than I like to see. It seems to be gradually dropping as the
years go by even though the engine is excellent and burns no oil. At
full throttle running the snowblower it has oil pressure reading just on
the line between normal and low. It used to be up in the o to r part of
the word normal a few years ago. I don't know if the oil pump is wearing
out or bearing clearances are increasing. I do regular oil and filter
changes and have always used the same 10w-30 oil since the engine was
rebuilt some 27 years ago.
I'm wondering if some of that good thick STP oil treatment might
increase the oil pressure or at least provide improved lubrication to
compensate for the lower oil pressure?
Just looking for opinions here.

Ralph in Sask.