[AT] For the steamer guys(now pto combine)

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 24 11:04:13 PST 2007

We used to bale all our straw but the price hasn't gone up in 20 years so
I'm leaving the majority of it in the field. Back 15+ years ago when my
uncle was farming he would bale around 15,000 bales every year. As more
folks got into it the profit dropped. There was one guy that would plant rye
just for the straw. He had a habit of migrating from farm ot farm sucking
the land dry in about 3-4 years and then abandoning it. Easy to run a big
outfit and make money in the short run that way.

John