[AJD] Rear Rubber for 1935 D 2nd time

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Fri Feb 23 17:56:04 PST 2007

Ok, so noone has any surplus 16.9-28s laying around.  I didn't really expect to get that lucky, but have any of you put the current style beads on wheels with the old 1.4" flanges?  If so, how did they look?

In Miller Tire's catalog they state that they won't look right.  How bad will they look?  They suggest that some of the wording may be covered up.  Does anyone have any experience with this situation?  I would like to get as good a feel for the situation as I can before I shell out nearly a thousnd bucks for new rubber that I may wince at each time I look at it.

Perhaps there are other solutions I am not thinking of.  I do want to keep the existing round spoke wheels.

Any comments would surely be welcome.

Gary
In the Ozark Mountains of southern Missouri in the south central part of the USA, where both life and I move slowly.