[AT] For the steamer guys(now pto combine)

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Fri Feb 23 15:13:24 PST 2007

Straw choppers are wonderful but they do eat up more fuel. I try to cut
around 10-12 inches high. If the stubble is too tall, the coulters running
behind the tractor and combine wheels have trouble penetrating where the
straw is mashed flat. Of course the ground is usually pretty hard in June--I
run all the weights I can on my drill.

John