[AJD] Rear Rubber for a 1935 John Deere D "unstyled"

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Thu Feb 22 11:05:53 PST 2007

I'm down to the point of looking for rear tires for the 35 'D'.  For a while Miller Tire was out of 16.9-28s, but now have them in stock.  They do not have the old style BF Goodrich beads.  The '35 D has the large radius flange on the rear wheels.  Does anyone have any experience with mounting tires with the new style beads on the old wide radius rims?  If so, how do they look?

Next question.  Does anyone have any surplus 14-28 or 16.9-28 tires that you would sell?  This old tractor will probably never work hard again, but I would like it to look good and be servicable.  Is there any hope?

Gary
In the Ozark Mountains of southern Missouri in the south central part of the USA, where both life and I move slowly.