[AJD] JD LA carb kit

JDNut at aol.com JDNut at aol.com
Wed Feb 21 06:12:09 PST 2007

Greetings,
I went to start my cute little 1945 John Deere LA tractor over the weekend
and gas was flooding out of the carb.   Tapping the carb slowed, but did not
stop the leak.   I haven't actually looked at the needle valve yet, but had hoped
that I could buy the needle valve kit through Deere.   Deere has the gaskets
for the carb, but none of the needle valve or carb kit numbers seem to be
valid anymore.   When I was in Santa Maria, I can remember some carb kits in bags
on the shelves.   My guy at Fernbridge now hasn't heard of them.   Any help on
a source of needle valves for the Marvel-Schebler TSX-85 carb would be
appreciated.    BTW, the float seemed OK, I have had them with holes in the past.

Thanks in advance, take care,
John Maxwell
Ferndale, CA

 Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free safety
and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the web,
free AOL Mail and much more.