[AT] Polk auction in Chandler, AZ

Dean Van Peursem deanvp at att.net
Sun Feb 18 21:07:24 PST 2007

John/Cee,

Thanks. I haven't published a list yet and may not get it done before Polk
publishes one on their web site. Polk told me they would post it on their
web site Monday.

http://www.dennispolk.com/auctions.html

BTW:  One of my personal frustrations about posted auction prices is not
enough information is published to understand why a certain tractor sold for
what it did.  I hoped that publishing the pictures and serial numbers along
with prices allowed one to see condition, wheel configuration, etc to get a
better feel of what was being sold.

One thing we were told during the sale is that Warren had completely
overhauled any tractor that was painted and we were also told about those
that were overhauled but hadn't been painted yet.

This sale was very unusual in that there was very little junk. Almost all of
the tractors were configured as they left the factory and were in very good
condition mechanically even if they hadn't been fully restored. Warren was a
stickler about originality and mechanical goodness rather than the sizzle of
a flashy paint job to cover up sins. I suspect the prices at this auction
reflect that more than one could appreciate. Many had new tires but were not
painted. I respect Warren for being intellectually honest with what he was
selling. A bit rare!

My concern is that others will now think their US A or US B is worth what
these sold for but instead are missing parts and mechanically a mess. Had I
been close to home I would have probably come home with a tractor or two
even at the higher prices due to the confidence I developed in Warren's
honesty. Most of these were really good "running" tractors.

D & G Van Peursem
In Apache Junction, AZ - Escaping from WA rain, snow & winds