[AT] Portland setup

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Sun Feb 18 09:53:20 PST 2007

>You won't likely hear many complaints from the stationery engine people
>since they got all the nice shady and smooth areas with the paved
>driveways to access them.
>            Gene Dotson, ATIS Wagonmaster

Not so at all Gene, As a matter of fact those who show stationary engines
are about a fed up with the new arrangement as are those of you on the
tractor list--perhaps even more so! The area that is currently where the
Featured Tractors are (in the shade under those big oak trees that drop
acorns) used to be for stationary engines. Once the featured tractors were
there a new area for stationary engines was created. That split the engine
area into TWO SEPARATE AREAS--and NO ONE seems to go to the new area.
Therefore those who exhibit in the new area might as will exhibit at home
in their backyard since they seem to get the same number of spectators!
Further, as you FATG's have correctly pointed out a BIG part of the
"Portland Experience" is the comradery and interaction that takes place.
Having two separate areas for the stationary engines has done away with a
LOT of that!
         I could go on and on, but I think that most of us who show
stationary engines would like to go back to the way it was before the
changes were made!
         Dave
PS, Sure hope that you and others on the AT List will be at the ATIS Dinner
on the Thursday of Portland! We will be having the Charity  Auction there
again!
PPS, We are hoping to get a Portland Director (or two) at the dinner!