[AT] Portland Set Up Reconsidered

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Wed Feb 14 07:16:46 PST 2007

    Dave;
    This is the first I have heard of this.
    First of all, our tractors ain't under the trees. The only tractors in
the trees are the featured tractors. The rest of us are clear to the back as
far from everything as we can get. We are out in the hot sun and next to the
sawmill and threshing area, the hottest and dirtiest area on the grounds.
Also the most remote and roughest part of the grounds. The ground here is
too rough for handicapped folks to drive their electric carts.
    When the new display areas were set up, the plan was to have the
entrance gate off Votaw street open to allow visitors to enter here and have
parking close to the display areas, but that has now been put off
indefinitely.
    The rest room and camping facilities proposed for behind the maintenance
building has not been constructed as promised and the access road is still
on hold.
    Each year the parts sales area keeps encroaching into the display and
threshing area
and now is causing a problem with access at that end of the display area.
    My view is that the changes in the display area were very premature and
the necessary changes and improvements should have been made before
redesigning the areas.

        Gene Dotson,  ATIS Wagonmaster for FATG.