[AT] For the steamer guys

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 12 18:42:39 PST 2007

John Hall wrote:
> Wonder if that steamer was still field ready?
>
> What was the pull type combine--an equivalent of a 55 or was it larger?
>
> John Hall

John, you are exactly right. The 65 pull type was equivalent to the sp
55 John Deere. A friend of mine pulled a 65 for some years with his 3020
and then later, a 4020. I helped him harvest one fall by driving his
2010 and hopper wagon to haul the grain to the bin. Unloading on the go
was especially interesting at night time but I don't recall any spilled
grain.
  There were a lot of each model sold and used in Sask. and they were a
good economical machine for the small farmer.
Can't comment on the steamer although I am pretty sure they have painted
it up and have it on display in the same town now. If I could only find
the picture that I "know" I have somewhere.

Ralph in Sask.