[AT] And Now For Something Different - A Tractor Problem

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 12 18:26:06 PST 2007

Larry D Goss wrote:
> OK, Charlie, now that you've mentioned that -- what is the base of that
> solution?  They do it here weeks ahead of time and there seems to still
> be some residual after rain storms.  What is it?

 From what I have heard this spray is pretty well the same as what we
have in the rear tractor tires.........calcium chloride. So you can see
the metal rusting properties that it would have. I've also heard there
is evidence that the salt is eating the rebar in some of our bridges and
overpasses. There have been incidents of unexplained collapses of some
of these structures in recent years so it makes you wonder.
When the highways dry up here they literally turn white from the dried
salt and there is "salt dust" trailing in the wake of the big semis.

Ralph in Sask.