[AT] And Now For Something Different - A Tractor Problem

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Mon Feb 12 14:15:24 PST 2007

Chuck,  for as long as I've lived here it's only been in the  last 10 years
of so that the weathermen even got close to predicting a snow storm.  When
we get it down here on the coast it is kind of like lake effect snow except
off of the ocean.  Cold air from the N/W has to dump in on top of warm moist
air coming in from the S/E or S/W.  In the old days they just didn't have
accurate and timely enough data to see it comming.  It's still hit and miss.
As you said, it's just not something that is planned for.   The best thing
they do around here now (on occasion) is to spray the roads with some sort
of solution right before the mess starts.  That seems to help a lot.

Charlie