[AT] spray the roads

Kevin ironman1962 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 12 15:14:52 PST 2007

The best thing
they do around here now (on occasion) is to spray the roads with some sort
of solution right before the mess starts.  That seems to help a lot.

Charlie

That brine they spray on the roads really likes to eat metal.  And if theres a hint of sno freezing rain, look out.  The state DOT really loves to pour it on. They even got the county doing the backroads this year.
I hate to drive on that stuff, it will eat every line out on your vehicle.
We bought a 85 Dodge 3/4 pu from up around Norwalk, Ohio a couple year ago that had been run 100 K  on that stuff.
While it is a good strong truck that I have pulled old Farmall M - H  tractors in with, for miles up and down these hills. At low speeds like 10 mph {tractor reference}
One night I hit a deer with it and while there was no visible damage to the truck.  The brake light come on before getting home, ended up replacing all brake lines, fuel lines as they were gone to rust. I just used rubber fuel line as I expect it will outlast the metal brakelines
ironman
Kevin Mosier