[AT] Cat 50

jahaze at aol.com jahaze at aol.com
Mon Feb 12 07:12:40 PST 2007

 My brother-in-law has the chance to haul away a cat 50 with a cable opperated blade and rear winch.  It has a gas engine that still turns over, but hasn't been started in 15 years.  He was wondering if it was worth hauling away, and I old him if he decides against it, I'd figure out a way to bring it to my house because I never have enough heavy iron around the place.  Anyway, it's serial number 5A26.  I saw one list where they started at serial number 5A01 in 1931, could this be the 26th one built?  If so that would make it a 1931, I also assume it's worth trying to save this one from the torch?  FWIW, the crawler is in central Michigan.

Enjoy, Joe