[AT] And Now For Something Different - A Tractor Problem

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Feb 12 05:46:32 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----

For others reading this our eastern NC road crews don't have hardly any snow
removal equipment.  They can barely clear the main highways in a light snow.
If we get more than a couple of inches it's every man for himself.

Charlie

	I have no idea how many plows the state (Indiana) has but it is a bunch.
Each county also has a fleet of plow trucks. Since we are longer north to
south there is a bit of climate variation in the length of the state and the
north end has lake effect snows off of lake Michigan. Planting season is
about 2 weeks earlier at the southern tip than at the north edge.
Indianapolis has around 100 trucks with plows and salt spreaders and the
current mayor has plows for about 20 garbage compactor trucks. They also
have about that many private contractors on stand-by. We may get between10"
to 16" overnight tonight. I'm more concerned with the likelihood of this one
coming with an ice storm first. Power-lines do not like huge amounts of ice.
Snow on top of ice is 10 times harder to deal with...

--
"farmer"
Proud owner of several cordless hatchets and a large collection of

"Axe me no questions and I'll tell you no lies"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net