[Farmall] Crank Bearing Repair

olmstead at ridgenet.net olmstead at ridgenet.net
Sat Feb 10 11:39:03 PST 2007

Beautiful job, Chris!   Very well done, stronger than original, and it
uses as much of the original tractor part as you could manage.  Fine
photography also.  I haven't done anything more with the broken O-12
parts.  Every crank I examined, about ten of 'em, was broken in the same
place.  I have three or four piled up waiting my attention.  I am
concerned that they might not come out as strong as what you did on the
10-20 crank bearing, because I would be welding two ears onto the cast
body, not surrounding it as you did.  As you know, mounting ears on O-12
hand crank bearing are perpendicular to crank, not parallel as on 10-20.

-Karl