[AT] Fw: a bear on the roof

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Fri Feb 9 10:14:37 PST 2007

This is a little story that Cecil sent to several of his friends here on
ATIS.  I sent this through about a year ago, with the mention of Cecil on a
number of posts lately, I thought it might be nice to send it again.

From: Cecil E Monson

Subject: a bear on the roof

  I don't usually pass on jokes that come to me as I figure
they are all over the internet by the time I get them but this one
gave me a good chuckle this morning and I decided to pass it on.

Cecil

    ----------------------

"Bear On a Roof"

The insurance man wakes up one morning to find
a bear the roof of his upstate New York mansion.
So he looks in the yellow pages and - sure enough -
there's an ad for "Bear Removers."

He calls the number, and the bear remover says
he'll be over in 30 minutes. The bear remover arrives
and gets out of his van. He's got a ladder, a baseball
bat, a shotgun, and a mean old pit bull.

"What are you going to do?" the wealthy insurance man
asks.

"I'm going to put this ladder up against the roof, then I'm
going to go up  there and knock the bear off the roof with
this baseball bat. When the bear falls off, the pit bull is
trained to grab his testicles and not let go. The  bear will
then be subdued enough for me to put him in the cage
in the back of the van."

He hands the shotgun to the Ray.

"What's the shotgun for?" asks the insurance industry
magnet.

"If the bear knocks me off the roof, shoot the dog!"

what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson

Allis Chalmers tractors and equipment