[AT] Microwave Internet?

George Willer gwill at gwill.net
Wed Feb 7 11:14:10 PST 2007

Gene,

I hope you have better luck than I did.  I've never even seen the local guy
who failed to keep any of the appointments we had to study whether he could
hook it up for less than his $600 normal fee.  The monthly would have been
$59.95.  I can see the tower he uses only maybe 3 miles away.  It would have
been a direct shot and close.  I would have been an eager customer.  I think
he knew he would soon be going out of business.

I lucked out and got Road Runner.  It may be best... It sure is fast.  I
didn't expect anything to happen when I filled out the post card indicating
I was ready to take advantage of their sales pitch.  Imagine my surprise
when an engineer showed up to design the line they would have to build to
bring the service to me!  So now I have cable (which I don't care about very
much), incredibly fast internet, and a really good phone connection.

You can't imagine how delighted I was to tell AT&T what they could do with
their crappy phone lines that could have brought DSL if they cared.  Life is
good!

George Willer