[AT] "diesel" engines running backward

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Feb 7 09:25:24 PST 2007

Speaking of which, I worked with a man whose family still owned a farm
in India. He saw an image of a Field Marshal one cylinder diesel tractor
on a Web page on my PC and said that his family still farmed with one.
It was stared with a blank shotgun shell, and they had to make sure what
the position of the piston when starting, or it would start running
backwards. And you didn't know it was running backwards until the
operator tried to go forward. I don't know if all that was true or not,
but that is what he claimed.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

It's hard to argue against cynics - they always sound smarter
than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side.
-- Molly Ivins 1944-2007