[AT] Microwave Internet?

dfolske at nccray.net dfolske at nccray.net
Wed Feb 7 09:37:48 PST 2007

Our local telephone cooperative offers what they call "wireless dsl". I have
an antenna on the top of my house aimed at their tower about 12 miles
away. It is line -of-sight and also carries 16 TV channels. It is supposed to
be 768 upload and download. I've never checked the actual speed. It is a lot
slower than the T1 at the office but compared to dialup ***WOW***. They
charge $50/month (no competition).