[Farmall] Riggin up an auxiliary hydraulic port

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Feb 7 05:29:56 PST 2007

I have a Farmall 340, and I am thinking about installing a three point
log splitter that takes the pressure from the tractor's hydraulic
system. I know that the two sets of ports on the 340 only have
pressure/suction when the valve are actuated, so that doesn't appear to
be the correct way to do things. I suppose I could tie down one of the
handles with string, but I don't like doing things with baling wire,
string, chewing gum, or bungee cords. Does anyone know of the "correct"
way of tapping into the system to bring hydraulics out to the back of
the tractor? I am guessing that might include some kind of diverter
valve ahead of the tractor's valve bank.

I do have a Farmall 560 with a pair of lines extended out to the back,
but I have not traced them forward to see how they are plumbed or even
checked to see if they have full time pressure. (And it is just too damn
cold to do something like that right now!)

Thanks,

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

It's hard to argue against cynics - they always sound smarter
than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side.
-- Molly Ivins 1944-2007