[AT] speed charge

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Feb 7 03:32:19 PST 2007

I guess I was, in a way, luckier than you. I bought one of those
Schumaker "digital" chargers from Wal-Mart after the same discussion. In
my case, it doesn't do as good a job on regular batteries as any of the
cheap chargers I picked up on clean-up day. It is worthless on 6 volt
batteries and not much better on 12 volt batteries. It doesn't bring old
batteries back to life at all. It has a fancy digital display that makes
it look like it is doing something, but most of the time it isn't doing
anything. About the only thing it is good for is a quick re-charge when
I run a battery down trying to start a tractor. I consider it $100
wasted. (On the "plus" side, at least it didn't destroy any batteries!)

Mike