[AT] O/T satellite internet

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 16:55:21 PST 2007

But for many, my home included, BAD internet would be a vast improvement
over what I have now.  I called wild blue, sky blue, whatever their name is
and my "spot" is full, they are out of bandwidth until they launch another
bird.  I'm on their wait list, the people that have it must keep it, I've
never been called.  Granted, if you had DSL or anything other than dial-up,
I would look there first.  My only non long distance ISP displays 24Kbit
connection speed, but struggles to actually deliver 10Kbit.  They don't
understand that 24 dial up lines can't share a single 56K link to the
outside world and not be degraded.

> I've heard nothing but bad about satellite internet.

---