[AT] Off Topic re Fuel Tank

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Feb 6 09:56:01 PST 2007

william.neff.powell at comcast.net wrote:
> My 1985 F-250 Diesel has a leaking rear tank, so I have only been running the front tank. Has anyone used one of the tank repair kits on an old diesel tank? If so, how did it hold up?
>
> Found this on the net:
>
> http://www.por15.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1515/.f

Will, I've never tried to patch diesel tanks but have had good luck
patching two gas tanks on IH trucks with JB weld. Just pinhole leaks in
the bottom of the tank. I first cleaned it up good, turned in the
smallest sheet metal screw I could find and then plastered a good layer
of JB weld on it. I believe it was in the cold weather too because I had
to leave a trouble light right near the patch while it cured and dried.
That was quite a few years ago and its still working.

Ralph in Sask.