[AT] Canola to diesel

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Mon Feb 5 09:50:26 PST 2007

My uncle had a diesel in his Chevy Station Wagon. When it got cold in the winter he would run straight kerosene. I can't remember if he put gasoline in the mix or not....

Had no idea there were so many variations on a Diesel.....

I have an HD6G Allis Chalmers with the first year they put the BUDA engine in it... Called it a Lanova Power cell engine.... Can't start it in the cold without ether. Well, so worn, can't start it cold anytime without ether, maybe if I am lucky on a 95 degree day it will start with out ether...

I also have a 1985 Ford F-250 with a power stroke,.. Glow plugs to start it, then straight injectors after that...

Semantics...

This link has a lot of information about diesels: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_engine

Boy its cold in PA! Got my D17 started yesterday, it was sluggish... I think it would have rather just stayed dormant.... Pulled all of my batteries out of the tractors and put them in my house garage.

Regards,

Will Powell
From: "George Willer" <gwill at gwill.net>