[AT] Diesel Engine

George Willer gwill at gwill.net
Mon Feb 5 14:20:25 PST 2007

I wasn't going to reply to this thread again, but now that you've finally
admitted there are some things you don't know... it's refreshing to see that
you're open to learning something new, and I admire that in a youngster.  I
hope that's also true of that guy you refer to as a MB mechanic.  Hope
springs eternal!

Those engines I referred to do indeed have throttle plates and also a
"flopper" to hopefully prevent them from running backward.  Here's another
tidbit for you... reverse running can quickly destroy the engine for two
reasons... lack of oil pressure to the bearings and to the cylinder on the
chain tensioning rail for the camshaft drive chain.

George Willer