[AT] ground

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Feb 4 20:36:18 PST 2007

Kevin wrote:
> We are getting some extra cold temps for this area, Western, KY.
> And the mud and ruts are frozen rock hard. Something unusual as 99% of the time the ground has melted on top by 11:00 am. Now this stuff seems like it is hard on tractor tires, shook off 400# weights this morning feeding.
> What air pressure do you use on frozen ruts in the rear tractor tires on this kind of ground ?
> ironman

Those frozen lumps of cow manure are bad too. My 14,000 pound 2090 Case
bounces over these like rocks in this weather when I am cleaning up
around the shelter. . When I move a round bale on the Massey front end
loader I take it very slow over this rough terrain. Never changed the
tire pressure yet and so far no problems.

Ralph in Sask.