[AT] ground

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 19:01:59 PST 2007

We had about 3" of sleet, then 1/2" of rain about a month ago, which all
turned into a solid mess.  I drove over last years fescue today and it's
like potholes.  Where there were clumps holding this mess up, it is solid
ice, but on the south side of the clumps, it melted thru.  I needed to let
the ballast out of my kidneys after that ride.

This is the longest period of snow cover we have had in a long time.  I
guess it's better for the wheat to be covered than exposed now that it's
near 0 at night.  I just wish it would drive the ticks back to Arkansas, we
didn't have them here in the 70's, but sure do now.

---