[AT] ? fuel

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sat Feb 3 12:53:06 PST 2007

I sometimes wonder if all the crud that accumulates in a gasoline fuel
system isn't the result of the alcohol putting the varnish and wax back into
solution that has been building up in the tank and elsewhere over the years?
I never experienced any such problems when running alcohol blends in a car,
but then again, I didn't run straight gasoline in it for years and then
convert. Wax and varnish does build up.  The throttle plate on my Toyota
gets varnish build up on it and has to have a cleaning routine done on it
every 60,000 miles or so.  Otherwise, it has a tendency to stick closed when
you come to a stop at a traffic light and you loose the ability to push on
the throttle gently when starting up again.

Larry