[AT] E85/Flex Fuel conversions

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sat Feb 3 10:02:49 PST 2007

There's a lot of boogey-man information on fuel mixtures, David.  I don't
trust most of the things that are posted because of that.  My own
experiences with it in cross-country trips through Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas,
and Colorado, is that it burns nicely in both my Jeep and my wife's Chrysler
and doesn't do badly when it comes to economy.  I ran gasohol all the time
in a Mazda during the early 80's and I didn't have any of the problems that
all the nay-sayers were reporting.  I think I put around 150,000 miles on
that engine before we traded it in.  None of the rubber decomposed, no
valves burned, etc.

Try: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_ethanol_fuel_mixtures for a
discussion of all the variations.

Larry