[Farmall] O-12 Progress

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sat Feb 3 08:50:44 PST 2007

I don't have any real historical data to draw on, John, but the F-12 and
F-14 tractors seem pretty rare to me around here (Ohio/Indiana).  I do see
them at tractor shows and occasionally as yard ornaments, but I think the
F-20s were much more common (maybe it's just because that's what my dad grew
up with, so my memories are influenced by his stories).  But certainly the
big flat soybean and corn farms would have been more likely to use the
bigger tractors, I think.  And the big majority in row-crop form, too.  I
didn't even know there were O and I and W series tractors!

Saw a heck of a nice little O-12 or something at the IHC collector's auction
in Sydney, Ohio, several years ago.  Straight and original and clean, and I
should have bought it--seems to me it didn't bring that much, but I was just
standing there looking at it as something of a curiousity since it didn't
look like an F-20 or an M.  Duh!

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net