[AT] Spam> Favorite tractor?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Dec 22 14:57:36 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Sloane" <mikesloane at verizon.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Spam> Favorite tractor?

> The only disadvantage of all of these '40s and 50's era machines is that
> they all have PTO drives that must be engaged with the transmission, so
> that you need to get the mower going as you move forward - a trick that
> takes a little getting used to. If you want an "independent" PTO, you
> have to move up in time to newer machinery (and higher prices).

Find a nice Cockshutt 30. They had the first live pto in 1947 and it was a
great advantage over the other makes with the two stage clutch for example.
I've seen usable , non restored 30s still selling for around the $1000 mark
at auctions here.
Hard to pick a favourite. For a working farm tractor that I could fix up and
still use I'd like a late 930 Case like I had years ago.
For a collectible I'd probably go for a Cockshutt 20 to keep my 40 and 50
company.

Ralph in Sask.