[Farmall] Help with snow plow adjustment

soffiler at ct.metrocast.net soffiler at ct.metrocast.net
Mon Dec 31 10:34:14 PST 2007

----- Original Message Follows -----
From: "Ivan Cousins" <ivancou at alltel.net>
Subject: [Farmall] Help with snow plow adjustment
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:12:25 -0500

>  I have a blade off a plow ment for a truck mounted on the
>farmall A  .  Works great on my cement driveway , however
>the neighbors that I plow have  tar & chip drives . I have
>the skids down so that I leave about 1/2 " of  snow on
>their drives but it still rolls the chips right off their
>drive way  unless I'm extra carefull . When it s snowin and
>blowin after working all  day I'm not in the mood to take a
>lot of time .   Which way should the blade  be angled ,
>forward or backwards so that it doesnt dig in so bad ?
>Right now  its almost straight up .  Ivan

I think if the top of the blade is tilted forward (like when
the blade trips) the edge will dig less aggressively.  But
I'm not sure that'll be enough to solve your problem.  I
have custom skid-shoes under a Woods blade I use for snow
removal, which I built at 1.5" high.  I have 3/4" crushed
stone in certain areas, and it still gets picked up with the
snow.  If anyone has ever solved this problem, I'd sure like
to hear about it.

Steve O.